FREE PLACENTA STORAGE CHILLER PACK AND PERSONAL COLLECTION*
Terms and Conditions;
Please read the terms and conditions and tick if you accept on the booking form to confirm your booking for placenta encapsulation with Cherished Placentas
1. Cherished Placentas Specialists provide placenta services including placenta encapsulation, raw placenta smoothies, placenta essences, placenta tinctures, placenta prints and the arrangement of homeopathic placenta remedies.
2. Cherished Placentas Specialists have been trained and certified by a PRN accredited training provider to provide placenta encapsulation services to the public. PRN does not insure Cherished Placentas and the Client’s relationship is solely with the Specialist and not with PRN.
3. The TCM process of encapsulation used by Cherished Placentas Specialists is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine.
4. Placenta encapsulation itself is experimental in nature and whilst the benefits of consuming the placenta post-birth are based on research studies, articles and testimonials from new mothers this research is ongoing and Cherished Placentas does not give any warranty or representation that these benefits are guaranteed.
5. Clients who choose to utilise these services take full responsibility of their own health and for researching and using the remedies provided in this service.
6. The Client agrees that PRN or Cherished Placentas Specialists are not liable and do not take responsibility for any results or effects the Client may experience before, during or after consuming the placenta unless resulting directly from the negligence of the Specialist.
7. Cherished Placentas recommends placenta capsules are for the Client’s own use only.
8. Cherished Placentas Specialists will not perform placenta encapsulations for Clients who have ever tested positive for HIV/AIDs, Hepatitis B and/or Hepatitis C.
9. All methods of decontamination and disinfection of equipment used by Cherished Placentas Specialists are practiced to Government guidelines and regulations. Placenta Smoothie blenders are ‘one use’ only and are disposed of after each Client.
10. The Specialist retains ownership of any photographs taken of the Client’s placenta which may be used anonymously for educations, advertising and promotional purposes. The Client will inform the Specialist if she does not wish photos to be taken of her placenta.
11. Your Cherished Placentas Specialist aims to prepare the placenta within 3 days after the birth. However we will not be held accountable should circumstance arise where the placenta encapsulation cannot be completed until an agreed date and time. Please see documents ‘Information Guide for Expectant Mothers’, ‘Placenta Chilling Instructions’ and ‘Placenta Care Guidelines’ for guidelines for handling of your placenta.
12. Cherished Placentas Specialists do not take responsibility for damaged or lost placentas before the placenta comes into our care.
13. The Client agrees to store her placenta in a clean, labelled container inside a cooler box/bag on ice or in refrigerator within 30 minutes after birth of the placenta and agrees to ensure her placenta remains chilled until collection.
14. The Client agrees to contact her placenta specialist within 12 hours after birth to arrange safe collection of her placenta and/or home visit.
15. Cherished Placentas accepts no liability if the client hasn't informed Cherished Placentas of any changes throughout their pregnancy. The client must confirm if any changes have occurred throughout their labour; Strep B, placental infection or an uterine infection. A placenta release form must be completed prior to collection of the placenta or before remedies are prepared. Cherished Placentas will not accept any liability if the form hasn't been completed and will assume there has been no changes.
16. The placenta release form will be stored under GDPR laws. Cherished Placentas will accept no liability if the placenta release form has been lost or damaged during the collection of the placenta.
17. The Client consents to the removal of the placenta from the hospital (or home) by the Specialist to the extent necessary for the performance by the Specialist of the placenta services.
18. Homeopathic remedies may be re-ordered via Cherished Placentas, who will keep a 1c copy of the Client’s original sample for a period of 5 years.
19. The Client consents to the safe disposal of the original placenta sample used for their tincture, essence and homeopathic remedies unless the Client indicates in advance on the booking form that they would like the sample returned. Fees apply.
20. The Client agrees to complete an online Feedback Survey sent by email 6 weeks following the encapsulation and the Client agrees to answer the questions honestly to help provide statistics and testimonials for Cherished Placentas. A £50 booking deposit is taken to complete your booking, and to secure your due date and collection kit. Your placenta kit will then be posted to your provided address once received 36 weeks prior to your due date. Deposits can be taken by bank transfer, which will be provided upon booking confirmation. Full payment is due after remedies have been prepared, details will be confirmed or by cash or cheque before or upon collection of the placenta. Bank transfers can be made by contacting your Cherished Placentas Specialist for details. By signing the booking form you agree that all the information you have given is correct and to the best of your knowledge. You also agree to the Terms and Conditions above and you have thoroughly read and will follow all the guidelines emailed to you in the documents titled ‘Pre-Birth-Instructions’ and ‘Post-Birth-Safe-Storage’ ensuring the proper care and safe storage of your placenta.